Mechanical engineering is recognized as among the earliest fields of engineering. Fondly known as the ‘mother’ branch of engineering, the scope of mechanical engineering has elevated beyond its traditional limitations. Now mechanical engineers are having to pay more attention towards different regions of research like nanotechnology, ecological conservation, bio-medical, etc. Because of the ever growing scope of this specific job profile, there’s a higher need for engineers who are able to play a huge role within the product as well as enter into the financial facet of products. The bottom line is, this branch of engineering offers an array of mechanical engineering job choices to students who wish to develop a promising which stimulates career.
Qualifications needed to construct a job in this subject of engineering
Clearing 10 2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths (PCM) as primary subjects is the initial step which you have to take to be able to develop a career because the engineer. In order to be qualified for that graduate program, you need to a minimum of score 60% marks. In India, there are numerous reputed colleges that are imparting engineering education. However, these colleges conduct entrance examinations and also the admission is offered once clearing test. A few of the common entrance examinations are-
1= The Joint Entrance Examination for IITs (IITJEE) for admittance to various IITs
2= All-India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE) for admittance to various National Institutes of Technology or regional engineering colleges
Putting aside the above engineering examinations, many private colleges conduct their very own entrance exams and supply admissions based on exam results only. You will find diploma courses also, which you’ll pursue after finishing your class tenth with 50%. You may also choose the affiliate membership qualification in the Institute of Mechanical Engineers. After finishing your degree enter in engineering, you may also choose the publish-graduate program much like meOrMTech program. If you wish to perform a PhD course then you need to appear for that Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers (GATE), that is conducted by IITs.
Here is their email list of top colleges that are offering engineering education in India-
- All IITs
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS-Pilani)
- All NITs
- Jadavpur College (Faculty of Engineering & Technology)
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
- PSG College of Technology
- PEC College of Technology
- Bengal Engineering and Science College
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology
- Thapar College
- College of Engineering Pune
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Karnataka
- R.V.College of Engineering
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- College College of Engineering (Osmania College), Hyderabad, Andhra
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering – Tamil Nadu
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, Gujarat
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Nirma College – Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Visvesvaraya College of Engineering – Karnataka
- Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management, Nagpur
Where you can search mechanical engineering jobs?
As mechanical engineering may be the largest field of engineering, therefore, the task prospects for skilled engineers will also be abundant. Engineers are needed for designing, testing, manufacturing and installing an array of machines which are then used across different industries. Because of the intricate nature of the job, you’ll be able to find mechanical engineering jobs in private and government sector projects.
There are numerous industries and you’ll discover ample of jobs. It offers space research, ac, bio-medical, aeronautical industry. Similarly, within the government sector, there’s a higher need for engineers. They act as consultants & technical experts which help within the smooth functioning of various government-run projects. Even employment possibilities could be explored within the education sector also, where after earning the publish-graduate degree in engineering, engineers could work as lecturers.
A few of the top companies offering mechanical engineering tasks are-
- Reliance Industries
- Tata Motors
- Larsen and Toubro
- GE Global Research
- Jindal Steel
Just how much are you able to earn like a mechanical engineer?
With an average, a fresher mechanical engineer can earn between Rs 25,000-35,000/month. Individuals engineers who’re holding high levels just like a publish-graduate degree from the reputed college like IIT, can certainly earn Rs 30-40 lakh/annum.